2026-08-21T18:06:46.616Z / https://www.cnn.com/2026/08/21/politics/markwayne-mullin-voter-fraud-nevada
美国国土安全部部长马克韦恩·马伦上月站在摄像机前,公布了他口中所谓的重磅消息。
“我们仅在四个州就发现了25万名非公民选民登记,”马伦对记者说道。
美国国土安全部表示,该数据是通过对比内华达州、宾夕法尼亚州、新泽西州和加利福尼亚州的公开选民名册与联邦移民记录得出的。马伦将这一结果作为确凿证据,用以支撑唐纳德·特朗普总统长期以来毫无根据的大规模非公民投票主张。
“我喜欢数字和事实的一点在于,它们不会撒谎,”马伦说道。
但就内华达州而言,迄今的数据并未如国土安全部公开宣称的那样。
今年7月,该部门称已在内华达州的选民名册中查出15903名非公民。然而,在上周与州选举官员的一次会议上,国土安全部承认,它仅对其中一小部分案件进行了全面审查。
8月13日的会议录音以及CNN查阅的十多封邮件显示,国土安全部官员仅通过人工审查“确认”了185名内华达州登记选民为非公民。国土安全部表示,还有超过1.4万起案件尚未解决,其中包括6200起该部门标记为“可信度较高的匹配”的案件。
但即便这些可信度较高的匹配结果也并非定论。在会议上,国土安全部承认,例如其中一些人可能是已入籍公民,但其移民记录尚未更新。
官员们承认,这份包含15903个姓名的完整名单仅仅是一项“初步”调查结果。
会议期间的一个关键时刻,内华达州州务卿办公室首席副手C·墨菲·赫伯特问道:“所以你的意思是,这1.5万个数字并未经过审核?”
“我可能不会用‘未经审核’这种说法,”负责国土安全部欺诈部门的金伯利·沃格特回应道,“因为我们肯定已经做了一些工作,才将范围缩小到1.5万。所以我不会这么说。但这些案件尚未经过每人的全面人工审查。”
https://www.cnn.com/
“这已经是上限了,”沃格特说道,“所以这个数字不可能凭空上涨,只会维持在当前水平,并且随着我们逐一排查,还会有所下降。”
针对CNN提出的一系列具体问题,国土安全部的一位发言人驳斥称,内华达州的相关沟通并未削弱其调查结果,但未回应其他问题。
这一私下承认的情况与该政府的公开言论形成鲜明对比,也进一步引发了人们对特朗普政府近几周公布的所谓广泛选民欺诈证据数据准确性的质疑。
本周早些时候,美国人口普查局发布了一份分析报告,声称有2.4万名非公民在2020年大选中投票。特朗普迅速将其宣传为选举被窃取的进一步证据。但前人口普查局高级官员对该报告提出了重大质疑,批评其方法论、缺乏透明度以及潜在的政治偏见。
这是政府加紧收紧投票规则、重新审理过往选举并强化特朗普长期以来关于选举系统漏洞主张的一部分内容。数月来,特朗普一直在敦促国会共和党人通过搁置已久的《拯救美国法案》,该法案将要求投票时出示身份证件,并要求选民登记时提供公民身份证明。
民主党人和投票权倡导者警告称,这场更大规模的运动旨在为共和党人倾斜天平,并动摇中期选举结果的可信度。
在内华达州,15903个姓名中的绝大多数仍未得到审查——国土安全部官员沃格特在8月13日的会议上表示,部分原因是逐一核查“工作量巨大”。
国土安全部拒绝向内华达州提供全部15903起案件的名单,称其希望避免发送不准确的记录。
“我们会进行人工审查,以确保不会搞错成某人的父亲或儿子——确实是本人,”沃格特在8月13日的会议上说道,“然后我们会将名单缩减到确认匹配的人数。”
选举官员和投票权组织从一开始就警告称,国土安全部的数据匹配可能会产生大量错误匹配结果。联邦公民身份记录可能已经过时,而公开的选民档案可能缺乏足够的个人信息,无法可靠地区分同名人士。
国土安全部调查结果的整体准确性仍未得到验证。该部门已向内华达州提供了6200起“可信度较高的匹配”案件的选民身份证号码,要求州官员进行调查,并移除任何被认定不符合资格的选民。但内华达州选举官员告诉CNN,截至目前,国土安全部提供的信息太少,无法核实这些匹配结果——尤其是在中期选举来临之前。
“在总统发表全国性黄金时段演讲,就非公民身份和选举安全做出全面声明数周后,国土安全部代表告知我们办公室,向公众公布的数字是初步的,没有足够高的可信度,无法向内华达州官员分享完整数据集,”内华达州州务卿思科·阿吉拉尔在一份声明中说道,“州务卿办公室不会在没有最高程度把握确认选民不符合资格的情况下,剥夺合格选民的选举权,剥夺他们宪法赋予的投票权。”
国土安全部这项工作的核心人物是希瑟·哈尼,一位与特朗普立场一致的选举研究人员。2020年的审计工作被总统及其盟友宣传为选举被窃取的证据。国土安全部去年聘请她领导其“选举诚信”运动,并于6月将她提拔为部长高级顾问。
在与内华达州官员的会议上,哈尼多次将国土安全部描述为合作伙伴。
“我们在这里开诚布公,”她说道,“我们行事非常真诚,只想帮助你们。”
哈尼鼓励内华达州调查这些姓名,并在中期选举前移除任何不符合资格的选民。她说,如果该州能够加快案件审查速度,该部门可以提供一份“75%可信度”的匹配名单。
在一个更多依赖威胁和法律施压的政府中,她的温和语气显得格外突出。国土安全部已开始向拒绝支持特朗普-backed选举措施的州扣留国土安全拨款。司法部已就未编辑的选民名册起诉30个州,尽管联邦法院多次阻止这些行动。政府还威胁称,如果选举官员未能妥善确保11月中期选举的安全,将对其处以罚款或监禁。
这种压力笼罩着此次会议。内华达州领导人询问该州的选举官员是否正在接受调查。哈尼试图让他们放心,称国土安全部没有起诉选举官员的权力,也没有对他们提出任何刑事转介。
“我们一定会向州务卿汇报,你们表现出色,并且会拿到这份名单,尽最大努力处理,”她说道,“所以我认为你们没有什么可担心的。”
Trump officials touted a voter fraud bombshell. Their data hasn’t proved it
2026-08-21T18:06:46.616Z / https://www.cnn.com/2026/08/21/politics/markwayne-mullin-voter-fraud-nevada
Homeland Security Secretary Markwayne Mullin stood before the cameras last month and announced what he cast as a bombshell.
“We’ve identified 250,000 noncitizens registered to vote in just four states,” Mullin told reporters.
The Department of Homeland Security said it reached that figure by comparing public voter rolls in Nevada, Pennsylvania, New Jersey and California with federal immigration records. Mullin presented the results as hard evidence supporting President Donald Trump’s long-running, unsubstantiated claims of widespread noncitizen voting.
“One thing that I love about numbers, and I love about facts, is they don’t lie,” Mullin said.
But in Nevada, the numbers thus far do not show what DHS publicly claimed they do.
In July, the department said it had identified 15,903 noncitizens on Nevada’s voter rolls. However, in a meeting with state election officials last week, DHS acknowledged that it had fully reviewed only a fraction of those cases.
A recording of the August 13 meeting, plus more than a dozen emails reviewed by CNN, show that DHS officials have “confirmed” just 185 Nevada registrants as noncitizens through manual review. More than 14,000 cases remained unresolved, DHS said, including 6,200 the department labeled “higher confidence matches.”
But even those higher confidence matches were not definitive. In the meeting, DHS acknowledged that some, for example, could be naturalized citizens whose immigration records had not been updated.
The full list of 15,903 names was merely a “preliminary” finding, officials conceded.
During a key moment from the meeting, C. Murphy Hebert, the chief deputy in the Nevada secretary of state’s office, asked: “So what you’re saying is the 15,000 number has not been vetted?”
“I probably wouldn’t use the sentence, ‘It hasn’t been vetted,’” replied Kimberley Vogt, who leads a fraud division at DHS. “Because definitely we’ve done something with it to get down to 15,000. So I wouldn’t say that. But it hasn’t had a full manual review of each one.”
https://www.cnn.com/
“That would be the ceiling,” Vogt said. “So it should not magically go above that. It would stay where it would stay, and it would go down from there as we make our way through it.”
In response to a list of specific questions from CNN, a DHS spokesperson disputed that the Nevada correspondence undercut its findings, but did not address the other questions.
The private acknowledgments contrast sharply with the administration’s public rhetoric and raise further questions about the accuracy of the data the Trump administration has released in recent weeks purporting to show evidence of widespread voter fraud.
Earlier this week, the Census Bureau released an analysis claiming that 24,000 noncitizens voted in the 2020 election. Trump quickly promoted it as further proof the election was stolen. But former senior Census Bureau officials raised significant issues with the report, criticizing its methodology, lack of transparency and potential political bias.
It is part of the administration’s escalating push to tighten voting rules, relitigate past elections and reinforce Trump’s longstanding claims about vulnerabilities in the electoral system. For months, Trump has been pressing congressional Republicans to pass the stalled SAVE America Act, which would require identification at the polls and proof of citizenship to register.
Democrats and voting-rights advocates warn the broader campaign is designed to tilt the scale for Republicans — and sow doubt in the midterm election results.
In Nevada, the vast majority of the 15,903 names remain unreviewed — in part because checking them individually “is a lot of work to go one by one,” Vogt, the DHS official, said in the August 13 meeting.
DHS declined to send Nevada the entire list of 15,903 cases, saying it wanted to avoid sending inaccurate records.
“We’re going to manually review to be sure that it is not someone’s dad or someone’s son – that it is that person,” Vogt said in the August 13 meeting. “Then we’re reducing the list down to what is a confirmed match.”
Election officials and voting-rights organizations have warned from the start that DHS’ data-matching could produce large numbers of false matches. Federal citizenship records can be outdated, and public voter files can lack enough personal information to reliably distinguish between people with similar names.
The full accuracy of DHS’ findings remains untested. The department has sent Nevada voter ID numbers for the 6,200 “higher confidence matches,” asking state officials to investigate and remove anyone found to be ineligible. But Nevada election officials told CNN that as of now, DHS has provided too little information to verify the matches — especially before the midterms.
“Weeks after the President held a national, primetime speech making sweeping claims regarding noncitizens and the security of our elections, DHS representatives informed our office that the numbers that were provided to the public are preliminary and that there is not high enough confidence to be able to share the full dataset with Nevada officials,” Nevada Secretary of State Cisco Aguilar said in a statement. “The Secretary of State’s Office will not risk disenfranchising eligible voters and ripping away their Constitutional right to vote without the highest confidence of their ineligibility.”
At the center of the DHS effort is Heather Honey, a Trump-aligned election researcher whose 2020 audit work has been promoted by the president and his allies as evidence that the election was stolen. DHS hired her last year to lead its “election integrity” campaign and promoted her in June to senior counselor to the secretary.
In the meeting with Nevada officials, Honey repeatedly described DHS as a cooperative partner.
“We are an open book here,” she said. “We’re acting in very good faith, and we just want to help you.”
Honey encouraged Nevada to investigate the names and remove any ineligible voters before the midterms. If the state could expedite its review of the cases, she said, the department could send a list of matches that are “75% confidence.”
Her conciliatory tone stood out in an administration that has relied far more on threats and legal pressure. DHS has begun withholding homeland security grants from states that reject Trump-backed election measures. The Justice Department has sued 30 states for their unredacted voter rolls, though federal courts have repeatedly blocked those efforts. And the administration has threatened election officials with fines or jail if they fail to adequately secure the November midterms.
That pressure hung over the meeting. Nevada leaders asked whether election officials in their state were under investigation. Honey sought to reassure them, saying DHS lacked the authority to prosecute election officials and had made no criminal referrals against them.
“We will absolutely report back to the Secretary that you guys were great and that you’re going to take this list and do your best with it,” she said. “So I don’t think you have anything to worry about.”
发表回复