2026年8月20日 美国东部时间22:34 / 哥伦比亚广播公司新闻(CBS News)
作者:卡米洛·蒙托亚-加尔韦斯 移民通讯记者
卡米洛·蒙托亚-加尔韦斯是哥伦比亚广播公司新闻的移民通讯记者,其报道见于多个节目和平台,包括全国广播节目、CBS News 24/7、CBSNews.com以及该机构的社交媒体账号。
查看完整个人简介
美国官员对哥伦比亚广播公司新闻表示,西非国家利比里亚于周四首次接收了来自美国的“第三国”被驱逐者,其中包括来自拉丁美洲的移民。
约20名来自不同国家的被驱逐者在被美国驱逐后抵达利比里亚。
不过一名美国官员对哥伦比亚广播公司新闻透露,载有被驱逐者的飞机抵达利比里亚后,其中一小部分人进行了抵抗,拒绝下机。
该官员称,他们被带离飞机,但随后又返回了飞机上。目前他们的下落不明。
利比里亚是最新一个接收非本国公民被驱逐者的国家,这是特朗普总统打击非法移民行动的一部分,也是白宫积极推动将移民驱逐到所谓的第三国——这些移民与这些国家并无关联——的举措之一。
利比里亚政府表示,计划在未来一年内接收多达1200名来自美国的第三国被驱逐者,并且新抵达的人员将被允许在当地申请庇护。
特朗普政府还表示,将在利比里亚驱逐基尔马尔·阿夫雷戈·加西亚,此人去年被错误驱逐到萨尔瓦多,随后返回美国并面临人口走私指控的起诉。目前这一驱逐行动已被马里兰州的一名联邦法官叫停。
特朗普政府已与全球数十个国家达成第三国驱逐协议,其中包括饱受武装冲突、政治动荡和人权侵犯困扰的非洲国家,如南苏丹、中非共和国和刚果民主共和国。
美国移民官员还定期向加纳、赤道几内亚以及其他同意接收其他国家被驱逐者的非洲国家派遣驱逐航班。
人权活动人士谴责第三国驱逐行动不人道且违反国际法,称一些国家正在将被驱逐者送回他们因遭受迫害而逃离的地方。
但特朗普政府为这些驱逐行动的合法性和合理性进行了辩护,称其为阻止非法移民的有效手段。
在大多数情况下,政府的第三国驱逐行动主要针对那些本国限制或拒绝美国驱逐请求,或是已获得免于被遣返回国的法律保护的移民。
Liberia receives first group of “third country” deportees from U.S., officials say
August 20, 2026 10:34 PM EDT / CBS News
By Camilo Montoya-Galvez Immigration Correspondent
Camilo Montoya-Galvez is the Immigration Correspondent at CBS News, where his reporting is featured across multiple programs and platforms, including national broadcast shows, CBS News 24/7, CBSNews.com and the organization’s social media accounts.
Read Full Bio
The West African nation of Liberia received the first group of “third country” deportees from the U.S. on Thursday, including migrants from Latin America, U.S. officials told CBS News.
Roughly 20 deportees from different countries landed in Liberia, after being deported from the U.S.
A U.S. official, however, told CBS News that after the plane carrying the deportees arrived in Liberia, a small group of them resisted and refused to deplane.
They were escorted off the plane, but then returned to it, the official said. Their whereabouts are unknown.
The Eastern Airline plane carrying migrants deported from the U.S. taxis at the Roberts International Airport in Harbel, outside of Liberia’s capital of Monrovia, on Aug. 20, 2026. Matthew Jacobs /AFP via Getty Images
Liberia is the latest country to accept deportees who are not its citizens as part of President Trump’s crackdown on illegal immigration and an aggressive White House effort to deport migrants to so-called third countries where they have no ties.
The government of Liberia has said it intends to accept up to 1,200 third country deportees from the U.S. over the next year, and that the new arrivals will be allowed to apply for asylum there.
Liberia is also where the Trump administration has said it is trying to deport Kilmar Abrego Garcia, the man who was wrongfully deported to El Salvador last year and then returned to the U.S. to be prosecuted on human smuggling charges. That effort has been blocked for now by a federal judge in Maryland.
The Trump administration has brokered third country deportation agreements with dozens of nations across the globe, including African countries plagued by armed conflict, political tumult and human rights abuses, including South Sudan, the Central African Republic and the Democratic Republic of the Congo.
U.S. immigration officials have also sent regular deportation flights to Ghana, Equatorial Guinea and other African countries that have agreed to receive deportees from other nations.
Human rights activists have denounced the third country deportations as inhumane and illegal under international law, saying some countries are returning deportees to places they fled because of persecution.
But the Trump administration has defended the legality and merits of the deportations, portraying them as an effective way to deter illegal immigration.
For the most part, the administration’s third country deportation effort has focused on migrants whose home countries limit or reject U.S. deportations or who’ve won legal protections from being sent back to their homelands.
发表回复