古巴及其他国家男性讲述遭美国遣送至危险非洲国家经历:“我们无法离开”


2026年8月21日 美国东部时间晚上10:18 / 哥伦比亚广播公司新闻(CBS News)

作者:卡米洛·蒙托亚-加尔韦斯(Camilo Montoya-Galvez)

去年,古巴移民亚斯马尼·莫雷诺·德·阿尔马斯(Yasmany Moreno de Armas)在佛罗里达州工作生活。如今他身处中非共和国,此前特朗普政府将他和数十名被遣返者遣送至这个极度贫困、冲突频发的国家。

这名31岁男子表示,直到今年7月底与来自厄瓜多尔、洪都拉斯、塞尔维亚、俄罗斯和越南等全球多国的被拘留者一同抵达当地后,他才得知美国政府要将自己遣送至非洲。

“我们无法离开,我们没有证件,我们饱受煎熬,思念家人,却身处一个完全陌生的大陆,”莫雷诺·德·阿尔马斯在该国首都班吉的一处建筑内,通过视频通话用西班牙语对哥伦比亚广播公司新闻说道,这些被遣返者目前就居住在那里。

当被问及在被遣返前是否听说过中非共和国时,他回答“从未听说过”。

中非共和国是全球最贫困的国家之一。武装冲突、政治动荡以及俄罗斯雇佣兵活动也使其成为世界上最危险的国家之一。美国国务院通过四级旅行警告提醒美国公民不要前往该国,称当地普遍存在安全隐患。

这个内陆国家是美国政府说服接受第三国被遣返者的30多个国家之一,这些被遣返者因特朗普政府大规模打击非法移民行动而被捕。这份名单上的非洲国家数量不断增加,其中许多国家都饱受武装冲突、专制政府和侵犯人权行为的困扰。

厄立特里亚裔公民泽纳·盖布格扎贝尔(Zena Gebrgzabher)现年39岁,在被美国驱逐后也被困在中非共和国。

“我想念我的家人,”盖布格扎贝尔在视频通话中对哥伦比亚广播公司新闻说道。

“我的儿子,他几乎每天都问我妻子:‘我爸爸在哪里?’”他补充道。

盖布格扎贝尔的妻子和他们5岁的儿子都是美国公民,住在马里兰州,他此前在那里担任卡车司机。和莫雷诺·德·阿尔马斯一样,盖布格扎贝尔表示,他未收到任何关于将自己遣送至中非共和国的通知,也不被允许对该决定提出异议。

伊尔加莱姆·盖赫维特(Yrgalem Gehrehiwet)称丈夫被遣返既不公平也不人道。她说他们的儿子内森(Nathan)受父亲缺席的影响尤其严重,但她一直没有告诉儿子盖布格扎贝尔的困境。

“比我们更难受,因为他太爱爸爸了,”她对哥伦比亚广播公司新闻说道。

哥伦比亚广播公司新闻未找到莫雷诺·德·阿尔马斯和盖布格扎贝尔的任何犯罪记录,仅发现交通违规和非法入境美国等移民违规行为。但两人的案件都符合特朗普政府针对被遣送至遥远“第三国”的许多目标人群的特征。

特朗普政府大多试图通过第三国遣返协议,将那些本国(如古巴)拒绝或限制美国遣返的移民,或是在美国移民法庭获得法律保护、因安全担忧不得被遣返回国的移民驱逐出境。

美国国土安全部未立即回应有关被遣送至中非共和国的男子以及美国与该国协议细节的置评请求,包括美国为该国接受被遣返者提供了何种回报。

莫雷诺·德·阿尔马斯表示,他在古巴可能面临危险,因为他第一次试图逃离这个共产主义政权统治的岛国后曾被监禁。古巴政府文件显示,他因“非法出境”入狱。他的第二次偷渡尝试成功了。

美国政府文件显示,他于2016年9月乘船抵达佛罗里达州,并根据现已废除的“湿脚干脚”政策下古巴移民享有的“假释”法律权限获准入境美国。他根据冷战时期的《古巴调整法案》申请绿卡,但因在假释期满后提交申请而被驳回。

由于缺乏合法身份,莫雷诺·德·阿尔马斯于2025年5月被移民官员逮捕,并在移民与海关执法局(ICE)的羁押中度过了约一年时间,今年夏天被遣送至非洲。

盖布格扎贝尔于2017年在移民法庭赢得诉讼,一名移民法官认定他符合《禁止酷刑公约》下的保护资格,并禁止将他遣返回厄立特里亚。

法庭文件显示,盖布格扎特未能获得庇护这一更永久的法律地位,原因是他曾在厄立特里亚军队担任检查站哨兵。尽管法官指出他是在18岁时被强行征召入伍,但他们认定他不符合庇护资格,因为根据相关规则,那些可能协助过迫害他人者将被取消资格。虽然他表示自己没有伤害或逮捕任何经过检查站的人,但法官称他阻碍了政治犯的逃脱。

文件显示,盖布格扎贝尔因超假被厄立特里亚军方监禁,随后逃离该国。之后他前往美墨边境,在入境口岸申请庇护。

在获得《禁止酷刑公约》下的保护后,盖布格扎贝尔表示他组建了家庭,并定期向移民海关执法局报到,未出现任何问题,直到去年在一次例行约见中被捕。虽然他的保护令禁止将他遣返回厄立特里亚,但并未从法律上阻止官员将他遣送至中非共和国这样的第三国。

哥伦比亚广播公司新闻采访的两名男子都表示,他们实际上处于无国籍状态,被困在一个语言不通、毫无关联和亲友的外国。

“如果要被遣返,也应该遣返回你的祖国,而不是一个你完全不了解其文化的国家,”莫雷诺·德·阿尔马斯说道。

Men from Cuba and other countries describe being deported by the U.S. to a dangerous African nation: “We cannot leave”

August 21, 2026 10:18 PM EDT / CBS News

By Camilo Montoya-Galvez

Last year, Cuban immigrant Yasmany Moreno de Armas was working and living in Florida. He’s now in the Central African Republic, after the Trump administration sent him and dozens of deportees to the deeply impoverished and conflict-ridden nation.

The 31-year-old said he only learned the U.S. government was deporting him to Africa after he arrived there in late July, alongside detainees from countries across the globe, including Ecuador, Honduras, Serbia, Russia and Vietnam.

“We cannot leave, we don’t have documents and we’re suffering and missing our families, in a continent we don’t know,” Moreno de Armas told CBS News in Spanish over a video call from inside a building in Bangui, the country’s capital, where the deportees have been living.

Asked if he had ever heard of the Central African Republic prior to his deportation, he said “never.”

The Central African Republic is one of the poorest countries in the world. Armed conflict, political instability and Russian mercenaries have also made it one of the most dangerous. The State Department warns Americans through a Level 4 travel advisory not to visit the country, citing the widespread insecurity there.

The landlocked nation is one of more than 30 countries the U.S. government has convinced to accept third-country deportees arrested as part of President Trump’s large-scale crackdown on illegal immigration. The list includes a growing number of African countries, many of which are plagued by armed conflict, repressive governments and human rights abuses.

Eritrea native Zena Gebrgzabher, 39, is also stranded in the Central African Republic after being ejected from the U.S.

“I miss my family,” Gebrgzabher told CBS News over a video call.

“My son. He asked like every day to my wife, ‘(where) is my daddy?’” he added.

Gebrgzabher’s wife and their 5-year-old son, both of whom are American citizens, live in Maryland, where he said he worked as a truck driver. Like Moreno de Armas, Gebrgzabher said he was not given any notice of his deportation to the Central African Republic or allowed to challenge it.

Yrgalem Gehrehiwet called her husband’s deportation unfair and inhumane. She said their son, Nathan, has been particularly affected by his father’s absence, though she has refrained from telling him about Gebrgzabher’s predicament.

“More than us because he loves his dad,” she told CBS News.

CBS News could not find any criminal record for Moreno de Armas or Gebrgzabher, beyond traffic and immigration violations, like entering the U.S. illegally. But both men’s cases do match the description of many of those targeted by the Trump administration for deportation to far-flung “third countries.”

For the most part, the Trump administration has sought to use third-country deportation agreements to deport immigrants whose home countries, like Cuba, reject or limit U.S. deportations or who have won legal protections in U.S. immigration courts that shield them from being returned to their homelands due to concerns about their safety.

The Department of Homeland Security did not immediately respond to questions about the men sent to the Central African Republic and the nature of its agreement with that country, including what it is getting for accepting deportees from the U.S.

Moreno de Armas said he could be in danger in Cuba, since he was once imprisoned there after his first attempt to flee the communist-ruled island. Cuban government documents show he was imprisoned for “illegal exit from the national territory.” His second attempt proved successful.

U.S. government documents show he arrived in Florida by boat in September 2016 and was allowed into the U.S. under the “parole” legal authority that Cuban arrivals benefited from under the now-defunct “Wet Foot, Dry Foot” policy. He applied for a green card under the Cold War-era Cuban Adjustment Act, but was denied on the grounds that he filed the application after his parole expired.

Lacking legal status, Moreno de Armas was arrested by immigration officials in May 2025 and spent roughly a year in Immigration and Customs Enforcement custody before his deportation to Africa this summer.

Gebrgzabher won his legal case in immigration court in 2017, when an immigration judge found him eligible for protection under the Convention Against Torture and barred his deportation to Eritrea.

Court documents show Gebrgzabher did not get asylum, a more permanent legal status, because he served as a checkpoint guard in the Eritrean military. Even though judges noted he was forcibly conscripted as an 18-year-old, they found him to be ineligible for asylum because of a rule that disqualifies those who may have assisted in the persecution of others. While he said he did not harm or arrest anyone passing through the checkpoint, the judges said he impeded the escape of political prisoners.

The documents indicate Gebrgzabher was imprisoned by the Eritrean military after overstaying his leave, and subsequently fled the country. He then traveled to the U.S.-Mexico border, where he requested asylum at a port of entry.

After being granted protection under the Convention Against Torture, Gebrgzabher said he started a family and checked in with ICE regularly, without incident, until he was arrested during an appointment last year. While his protection barred his deportation to Eritrea, it did not legally prevent officials from sending him to a third country like the Central African Republic.

Both men CBS News spoke to described being effectively stateless, stuck in a foreign nation where they don’t speak the language and lack any ties or relatives.

“If you’re going to be deported, it should be to your home country, not to another country where you don’t know the culture,” Moreno de Armas said.

评论

发表回复

您的邮箱地址不会被公开。 必填项已用 * 标注

湘ICP备2026001899号-2