图尔西·加巴德分享丈夫癌症确诊经历:“那段日子十分艰难”


2026年8月20日 / 美国东部时间上午10:10 / 哥伦比亚广播公司新闻(CBS News)

作者:詹妮弗·雅各布斯

詹妮弗·雅各布斯 白宫高级记者

詹妮弗·雅各布斯是哥伦比亚广播公司新闻的白宫高级记者。

阅读完整简历

詹妮弗·雅各布斯

前国家情报总监图尔西·加巴德在丈夫被诊断出患有骨癌后于今年早些时候辞职,她告诉哥伦比亚广播公司新闻,丈夫目前恢复情况良好。

在她分享给哥伦比亚广播公司的一段新视频中,加巴德表示,医生是在亚伯拉罕·威廉姆斯出现背痛后,在他的尾骨上发现了这种罕见的脊索瘤。

“即便亚伯拉罕的康复仍在继续,我们也必须对病情保持高度警惕。他今后还需要频繁接受核磁共振成像检查,以便监控癌症是否会在原处或身体其他部位复发,”她在视频中说道。

加巴德回忆道,在耗时八小时的肿瘤切除手术后几周,医疗团队表示他们有信心彻底切除了所有癌变的骨骼和组织。

“如今,距离他开始高强度康复训练已经过去了近三个月。他经常感到沮丧,因为他希望能更快康复,有时他会给自己施加过大的压力,”她说。

加巴德于今年5月宣布将于6月30日辞去国家情报总监一职,这导致特朗普总统最初提名颇具争议的住房官员比尔·普尔特接任该职位。这一决定在国会山引发了轩然大波,尤其是民主党人,他们拒绝续签一项关键的间谍法案,直到普尔特的提名被撤回。这场风波最终促使特朗普转而提名杰伊·克莱顿接任,后者随后获得了参议院的确认。

在加巴德任职期间,国家情报总监办公室(ODNI)进行了重大重组,40%的员工被裁员或调岗,多个办公室和分析职能部门通过“ODNI 2.0”计划进行了整合。政府官员表示,此次改革旨在精简该机构的臃肿架构,但批评人士称,这些举措削弱了国家情报总监办公室的体制能力,并将更多影响力重新交还给了中央情报局等独立情报机构。

Tulsi Gabbard shares story of husband’s cancer diagnosis: “It was tough”

August 20, 2026 / 10:10 AM EDT / CBS News

By Jennifer Jacobs

Jennifer Jacobs Senior White House reporter

Jennifer Jacobs is a senior White House reporter at CBS News.

Read Full Bio

Jennifer Jacobs

Tulsi Gabbard, the former director of national intelligence who left her position earlier this year after her husband was diagnosed with bone cancer, told CBS News that he is progressing well.

In a new video she shared with CBS, Gabbard said doctors discovered the rare tumor, a sacral chordoma, on his tailbone after Abraham Williams experienced back pain.

“Even as Abraham’s recovery continues, we’re going to have to keep a very close eye on this. He’ll have to continue to get frequent MRIs to keep an eye on whether or not this cancer is coming back, either in the same place or in other parts of his body,” she said in the video.

Gabbard described how a few weeks after an eight-hour surgery to remove the tumor, the medical team said they were confident that they had been able to cut out all of the cancerous bone and tissue.

“So here we are now, almost three months after he started a very rigorous physical therapy program. He gets frustrated a lot because he wants to be able to make progress faster, and sometimes he’s pushed a little bit too far,” she said.

Gabbard announced in May that she would resign, effective June 30, as director of national intelligence, leading President Trump to first name controversial housing official Bill Pulte as her replacement. The decision caused an uproar on Capitol Hill, particularly among Democrats, who refused to renew a key spy authority until Pulte’s name was pulled. The uproar led Mr. Trump to instead name Jay Clayton as her replacement, who was then confirmed by the Senate.

Under Gabbard, ODNI underwent major restructuring, with 40% of staff reduced or reassigned and several offices and analytic functions consolidated under an “ODNI 2.0” initiative. Administration officials have said the changes were intended to streamline bloat at the agency, while critics have said the moves have weakened ODNI’s institutional capacity and shifted more influence back toward standalone agencies like the CIA.

评论

发表回复

您的邮箱地址不会被公开。 必填项已用 * 标注

湘ICP备2026001899号-2