2026-08-19T15:46:03.842Z / 美国有线电视新闻网(CNN)
记者 德文·科尔
16分钟前发布
发布于 2026年8月19日,美国东部时间上午11:46
2026年8月13日,在华盛顿特区,肯尼迪艺术中心董事会投票决定在建筑上镌刻“由唐纳德·J·特朗普总统修复翻新”字样,安保人员在该中心主入口值守。
凯文·拉马克/路透社
该机构的律师告诉联邦法官,肯尼迪中心计划于9月初将唐纳德·特朗普总统的姓名重新加回建筑正面。
这一消息是周二晚间提交的法庭文件中披露的,正值这座历史悠久的表演艺术场馆及纪念已故总统约翰·F·肯尼迪的纪念地陷入旷日持久的法律纠纷。就在上周,董事会再次投票决定将场馆关闭进行为期多年的翻新,并将特朗普总统的姓名加至大理石外墙。
此次新增的标识将位于肯尼迪中心招牌下方,文字内容为“由唐纳德·J·特朗普总统修复翻新”。
董事会表示,如果一项捐赠基金筹得1亿美元,未来还将在建筑正面增设另一处提及特朗普的标识。该中心还计划将建筑所在的地块重新命名,以纪念特朗普。
一名联邦法官此前曾裁定,肯尼迪中心董事会将特朗普姓名与第35任总统肯尼迪的姓名并列的行为违反了法律。提起此次法律诉讼的民主党众议员乔伊斯·比蒂的代理律师计划请求法官再次介入,阻止这一最新改动。该中心在提交给法庭的文件中表示,最早要到9月8日才会重新将特朗普的姓名加回建筑外墙。
特朗普的姓名会重回肯尼迪中心吗?
2:55 • 消息来源:CNN
特朗普的姓名会重回肯尼迪中心吗?
2:55
比蒂的代理律师在给美国地区法官克里斯托弗·库珀的文件中表示:“本法庭不应允许被告实施这一最新伎俩,这直接违背了法庭此前的裁决,公然蔑视法律。”他们敦促库珀在9月8日前就将特朗普姓名加回建筑外墙是否合法作出裁定。
律师们谴责肯尼迪中心“拒绝明确承诺暂缓实施”这一最新的更名举动,直至库珀有机会裁定其合法性。
这起诉讼是质疑特朗普试图通过翻新建筑或增设新纪念馆,在华盛顿特区及其周边历史遗址留下永久印记的诸多法律案件之一。由总统任命人员组成的肯尼迪中心董事会正计划关闭场馆进行大规模翻新,但批评人士称,该计划实则是为了避免场馆持续面临门票销量下滑、节目缺乏亮点的困境。
今年初夏,奥巴马前总统任命的库珀法官裁定,场馆只能以肯尼迪的名字命名,此后特朗普的姓名便从建筑正面被移除。工作人员站在建筑外搭建的脚手架上,用防水布遮挡作业,拆除了刻有“唐纳德·特朗普与”字样的标牌。
但自那以后,防水布一直未撤,遮挡了公众对建筑官方名称的视线。
肯尼迪中心此前曾表示,需要保留防水布和脚手架,以便工作人员修复特朗普姓名标识所在区域的建筑损坏。但在周二提交的文件中,该中心表示,保留脚手架是为了帮助工作人员“调查并设计头顶拱腹的结构修复方案”。
美国有线电视新闻网获得了最新照片,显示肯尼迪中心的招牌上特朗普总统的姓名已被移除,这证实了该艺术中心执行董事马特·弗洛卡向法庭作出的宣誓声明:特朗普的姓名已不再附着于建筑外墙。这些照片最先由《华盛顿邮报》报道,由维权组织“别碰艺术”提供给CNN。
别碰艺术
比蒂的代理律师表示,这一解释站不住脚,因为“拱腹距离脚手架至少有20英尺高”。他们请求库珀发布命令,要求肯尼迪中心解释为何未来几周不应拆除防水布。
“被告暗示他们将在中心其他区域搭建更多脚手架, presumably 以检查屋顶的其他部分,”他们写道,“但说也奇怪,被告数月来并未这么做,只遮挡了中心标志性的名称——这强烈表明,这一脚手架结构与屋顶毫无关系,实则是为了抗拒恢复原状。”
CNN记者孙伦·瑟法蒂和贝琪·克莱因为本报道贡献了内容。
Kennedy Center says it will add Trump’s name back to building in early September
2026-08-19T15:46:03.842Z / CNN
By Devan Cole
16 min ago
PUBLISHED Aug 19, 2026, 11:46 AM ET
Security keeps watch at the main entrance to the John F. Kennedy Center for the Performing Arts on a day when the center’s board voted to inscribe onto the building “Restored and Renovated by President Donald J. Trump”, in Washington, DC, on August 13, 2026.
Kevin Lamarque/Reuters
The Kennedy Center plans to add President Donald Trump’s name back to the front of its building in early September, lawyers for the institution told a federal judge.
The revelation came in court filings submitted late Tuesday as part of a protracted legal fight over the fate of the historic preforming arts venue and memorial to the late President John F. Kennedy, which just last week voted, once again, to close its doors for a yearslong renovation and to add the president’s name to its marble façade.
The latest change would see the addition of an inscription below the Kennedy Center’s sign that says the venue was “Restored and Renovated by President Donald J. Trump.”
Another add to the front referencing Trump could come later if an endowment reaches $100 million, the board said. The center also plans to rename the physical site the building sits on in honor of Trump.
A federal judge had previously ruled that the center’s board violated the law when it added Trump’s name alongside that of Kennedy, the 35th president, and lawyers representing Democratic Rep. Joyce Beatty, who brought the legal challenge, plan to ask him to step in again to block this latest change. The center told the court in the filing that they won’t add Trump’s name back until September 8 at the earliest.
Is Trump’s name going back on the Kennedy Center?
2:55 • Source: CNN
Is Trump’s name going back on the Kennedy Center?
2:55
“This Court should not permit defendants to effectuate this latest gambit, in direct contravention of its earlier decision and in naked defiance of the law,” lawyers for Beatty told US District Judge Christopher Cooper, urging him to decide whether adding Trump’s name back to the building is lawful before September 8.
The lawyers blasted the center for its decision to “refuse to unequivocally commit to forestall effectuation” of the latest name change until Cooper has a chance to decide whether or not it’s legal.
The case is one of several questioning the legality of Trump’s efforts to leave a lasting mark on historic sites in and around Washington, DC, by renovating buildings or adding new memorials. The center’s board, which is stacked with individuals picked by the president, is trying to close the center for extensive renovations to the building, but critics contend that the plans were cooked up so the center wouldn’t continue to face slumping ticket sales and lackluster programming.
Earlier this summer, Trump’s name was removed from the front of the building after Cooper, an appointee of former President Barack Obama, ruled the venue could only be named for Kennedy. Crews standing on scaffolding erected outside the building worked behind tarps to take down the letters spelling out “The Donald Trump and.”
But since then, the tarps have remained, obscuring the public’s view of the official name of the building.
The center had previously said that the tarps and scaffolding needed to remain up so workers could address damage to the part of the building where Trump’s name used to be. But in Tuesday’s filing, they said the scaffolding was still in place to help workers “investigate, and engineer structural repairs to the overhead soffit.”
CNN has obtained new images that show the Kennedy Center signage with President Donald Trump’s name removed, confirming a sworn court declaration from the arts center’s executive director Matt Floca that the president’s name is no longer affixed to the building. The images, first reported by the Washington Post, were provided to CNN by the activist organization “Hands Off the Arts.
Hands Off the Arts
Beatty’s lawyers say that explanation falls flat since “the soffits are some twenty feet or more above the scaffolding.” They’re asking Cooper to issue an order that would require the center to explain why the tarp should not be taken down in coming weeks.
“Defendants imply that they will erect more scaffolding around the rest of the Center, presumably to examine other portions of the roof,” they wrote. “But defendants tellingly have not done so for months, leaving only the Center’s iconic name obscured – a strong indication that this structure has nothing to do with the roof and is, instead, meant to defy a return to the status quo.”
CNN’s Sunlen Serfaty and Besty Klein contributed to this report.
发表回复