2026年8月19日 / 美国东部时间上午11:36 / 哥伦比亚广播公司新闻
作者:埃莉诺·沃森、詹妮弗·雅各布斯、詹姆斯·拉波尔塔
一些期盼这款游戏超过十年的美国军人,可以用数年军旅生涯的承诺换取几天假期,用来游玩《侠盗猎车手6》。
美国官员向哥伦比亚广播公司新闻透露,佐治亚州的一支美军部队正将4天假期作为再入伍奖励,现役士兵在今年秋季游戏发售时即可休假游玩这款热门游戏。
多年来,美军一直使用各类入伍奖金——大学学费、心仪的驻地分配机会,或是让士兵学习跳伞、直升机索降等特种训练课程——来鼓励士兵入伍或续期服役。
此次招募奖励并非全军通用,仅为某一个营提出。不过该计划有可能扩大范围。
美军发言人周三向哥伦比亚广播公司新闻表示,佐治亚州斯图尔特堡第3步兵师第9旅工程营的20名士兵,已经选择将该奖励作为他们续期服役的福利。
“我们的初衷是打造一个独特的奖励计划,贴合士兵们的兴趣所在,”第3步兵师发言人安杰尔·汤姆科中校在一份声明中说道,“指挥团队联合职业顾问,希望能让士兵们对续期服役感到兴奋。”
这款续作在特定群体中期待值拉满,尤其是动作游戏玩家和开放世界游戏爱好者。
blob:https://www.cbsnews.com/5efd9b37-1d45-43d3-b5a5-7ce2be010934
该游戏将于11月19日发售,对于喜爱该系列动作风格、叙事手法和高制作水准的玩家来说,这是一场重磅娱乐盛事。一则预告片显示,游戏将再次以虚构的迈阿密为背景,并将推出系列首位女性主角。Rockstar Games的上一部作品《侠盗猎车手5》于2013年发布。
在网上流传的美军备忘录显示,2026年8月1日至11月14日期间签订再入伍合同的任何士兵,都将获得专属的4天假期,安排在“备受期待的《侠盗猎车手6》(GTA 6)发售时段”。
汤姆科表示,目前约有130名士兵符合该奖励的申领资格。符合条件的士兵必须签订至少两年、最多六年的续期合同。
军事网站Military.com率先核实了这封美军信函的真实性。
美军向游戏玩家示好并非全新的征兵策略。哥伦比亚广播公司新闻此前曾报道,2018年美军十余年以来首次未能达成征兵目标后,军方开始摒弃传统征兵站模式,主动致电愿意参军的美国年轻人。征兵人员前往游戏展会,美军还成立了一支电竞战队,主打热门游戏《使命召唤》系列以及《堡垒之夜》《英雄联盟》等多人对战游戏,以此挖掘潜在新兵。
2019年,哥伦比亚广播公司新闻的托尼·多库皮尔走访了圣安东尼奥一场座无虚席的游戏展会,当时负责美军征兵指挥的弗兰克·穆思少将表示,他正在寻找下一代美国士兵。
“如今玩家所需具备的特质,与军队岗位要求是否存在重叠之处?”多库皮尔问道。
“没错,”穆思说道,“就是决策能力,快速接收大量信息并做出判断的能力……还有团队协作能力。”
Army unit offers 4-day pass to play Grand Theft Auto VI as reenlistment incentive
August 19, 2026 / 11:36 AM EDT / CBS News
By Eleanor Watson, Jennifer Jacobs, James LaPorta
Some U.S. military members who are itching to play a video game they’ve anticipated for over a decade can trade a commitment for several more years of their life in uniform for a few days off to play Grand Theft Auto VI.
As an incentive to reenlist, a U.S. Army unit in Georgia is offering active duty soldiers a four-day pass to play the popular game when it’s released this fall, U.S. officials told CBS News.
Over the years, the Army has used various enlistment bonuses — college tuition, choice duty station assignments or access to special training programs where soldiers learn to jump from airplanes or rappel from helicopters to encourage soldiers to enlist or reenlist.
The recruitment incentive isn’t service-wide; it was proposed exclusively for one battalion. However, it is possible the program could be expanded.
Twenty soldiers at Fort Stewart in Georgia in the Army’s 9th Brigade Engineering Battalion, part of the 3rd Infantry Division, have already chosen this incentive as part of their reenlistment, an Army spokesperson told CBS News on Wednesday.
“The idea was to have a unique incentives program that connects to what Soldiers are interested in,” Lt. Col. Angel Tomko, a spokesperson for the 3rd Infantry Division, said in a statement. “The command team, in conjunction with the career counselor, wanted to get soldiers excited to reenlist.”
Anticipation for the next version of the game is strong in certain circles, especially action fans and open-world game enthusiasts.
blob:https://www.cbsnews.com/5efd9b37-1d45-43d3-b5a5-7ce2be010934
The game’s release on Nov. 19 is a major entertainment event for fans of the series’ action, storytelling and high production values. A trailer shows the game will again be set in a fictional Miami, with its first female lead. Rockstar Games’ last version, GTA V, launched in 2013.
The Army memo, which has circulated online, says any soldier who signs a reenlistment contract between Aug. 1, 2026 and Nov. 14 will be authorized for a special four-day pass designated to coincide with “the highly anticipated release of the video game Grand Theft Auto VI (GTA 6).”
About 130 soldiers are currently eligible for the incentive, Tomko said. Eligible soldiers must reenlist for a minimum of two years and up to six years.
Military.com first authenticated the U.S. Army letter.
The Army’s courtship of gamers is not a new military strategy. CBS News previously reported that after missing its recruiting goal in 2018 for the first time in more than a decade, the service began looking beyond the traditional recruiting station and cold-calling young Americans willing to join. Recruiters headed to gaming conventions and the U.S. Army launched an esports team, focused on the popular video game franchise Call of Duty and other multi-player games like Fortnite and League of Legends, to find potential recruits.
In 2019, CBS News’ Tony Dokoupil traveled to a sold-out gaming convention in San Antonio where Maj. Gen. Frank Muth, who at the time oversaw the army’s recruiting command, said he was looking for the next generation of American soldiers.
“Is there something about what it takes to be a gamer today and what you’re looking for for Army jobs that overlaps?” Dokoupil asked.
“Yes,” Muth said. “It’s the decision-making, it’s the ability to take in a lot of information quickly and to be able to make a decision … It’s about teamwork.”
发表回复