2026年8月19日 美国东部时间5:09 / 哥伦比亚广播公司/美联社
刚果布尼亚——刚果卫生部数据显示,该国埃博拉疫情周三累计病例已达5000例,救援人员警告称,疫情正以前所未有的速度在该国最偏远的地区蔓延,远超防控工作的推进速度。
刚果卫生部的数据显示,截至周日,本次疫情累计确诊5021例,其中2378例死亡。疫情在可想象的最艰难环境中肆虐,背后推手包括安全局势动荡、人口流离失所以及大规模的人口流动。本次疫情由邦迪布格约亚型埃博拉病毒引发,目前尚无获批疫苗或治疗手段。
本次疫情的感染和死亡速度均超过史上任何一次埃博拉暴发。据路透社报道,这是刚果第17次埃博拉疫情。
(注:原文图片说明:2026年8月18日,在刚果东部伊图里省布尼亚市,一名医护人员在为一名因埃博拉去世的3岁儿童举行葬礼后,为同事喷洒消毒剂。美联社照片/迪厄多内·迪罗勒)
仅在一周前,本次疫情的确诊病例数还为4381例,死亡病例2011例。
此次疫情累计数据距5月15日疫情被正式宣布仅约三个月时间。
从首例确诊病例算起,本次疫情的传播速度是2014至2016年西非埃博拉疫情的三倍左右。后者是有记录以来最致命的埃博拉暴发,导致逾1.1万人死亡。
世界卫生组织总干事谭德塞周二在该组织召集的一场会议上表示:“疫情蔓延速度极快,全国乃至国际范围进一步传播的风险仍然很高。”
“我们必须坦诚:疫情远未得到控制。”他说道。
安全方面的担忧限制了防控工作的推进,医护人员成为袭击目标,在疫情最严重的伊图里省尤为突出。
伊图里省文化发展协会联盟主席迈克尔·瓦尼表示,周一在阿鲁地区报告疑似病例后,当地居民袭击了一支医疗团队,暴民纵火焚烧了一辆救护车,并损毁了另外两辆车辆。
Ebola Congo cases surpass 5,000 as record-setting pace of spread continues
August 19, 2026 5:09 AM EDT / CBS/AP
Bunia, Congo — The Ebola outbreak in Congo has reached 5,000 cases, government data showed Wednesday, as responders warn it is spreading at an unprecedented speed outpacing efforts to slow it in one of the country’s remotest regions.
Data from Congo’s Ministry of Health showed the outbreak had so far recorded 5,021 cases, including 2,378 deaths as of Sunday, as it rages in some of the most challenging conditions imaginable fueled by insecurity, displacement and intense population movements. The outbreak is caused by the Bundibugyo species of Ebola, which has no approved vaccines or treatments.
The outbreak has infected and killed more people at a greater speed than any other outbreak in history. It is Congo’s 17th Ebola epidemic, according to the Reuters news agency.
A health worker sprays a colleague with disinfectant after taking part in a burial service on Aug. 18, 2026, for a 3-year-old child who died of Ebola in Bunia, Ituri province, eastern Congo. AP Photo / Dieudonne Dirole
Only a week ago, the outbreak had recorded 4,381 confirmed cases, including 2,011 deaths.
The new totals come some three months since the outbreak was declared on May 15.
Starting from the first detected case, it has spread about three times faster than an outbreak from 2014 to 2016 across West Africa, which was the deadliest Ebola outbreak on record with more than 11,000 deaths.
The outbreak “has spread rapidly and the risk of further national and international spread remains high,” World Health Organization Director-General Tedros Adhanom Ghebreyesus said Tuesday at a meeting convened by the agency.
“We must be frank: The epidemic is far from being under control,” he said.
Safety concerns have limited the response as health workers are targeted, particularly in Ituri, the province that has been hit the worst by the outbreak.
Residents attacked a health team on Monday in the territory of Aru after a suspected case was reported there. A mob set fire to an ambulance and damaged two other vehicles, according to Michael Wani, president of the Union of Cultural Associations for the Development of Ituri.
发表回复