2026年8月18日 美国东部时间下午1:12 / 福克斯新闻网
一场发电机故障导致这艘驱逐舰在争议水域附近时失去空调、厕所和饮用水供应
作者:摩根·菲利普斯 福克斯新闻网
退役海军上尉布伦特·萨德勒警告称,美国海军目前兵力过于分散,无法充分应对中国和伊朗等对手带来的全球威胁。萨德勒指出,“亚伯拉罕·林肯”号航母长达250天的部署压力,是舰队规模萎缩的一个关键迹象。他敦促美国政府建造更多舰艇,以恢复传统的六个月部署标准。
NEW 您现在可以收听福克斯新闻的文章了!
blob:https://www.foxnews.com/d66e2712-6c08-452f-a603-b782ea0629bd
收听本文
3分钟
上个月,美国一艘导弹驱逐舰在南海因发电机发生工程故障,断电四天,美军不得不将这艘战舰拖往菲律宾进行维修。
美国第七舰队表示,“本福德”号驱逐舰于7月24日失去电力,并于7月28日被拖至菲律宾苏比克湾,两天后电力恢复。
美国第七舰队发言人马修·科默中校在给福克斯新闻数字频道的一份声明中表示,该舰报告了“一起涉及发电机的工程故障,导致电力中断”。“船员无人受伤,他们在应对过程中展现出了韧性、坚毅、专业精神和坚定不移的沉着。”
电力中断影响了这艘近万吨级战舰上的厨房服务、厕所、空调和饮用水供应。
中央司令部司令谈及“亚伯拉罕·林肯”号超260天不靠港后的心理健康记录
一艘刚性充气艇(RHIB)于1997年11月21日在海上经过美国海军驱逐舰“本福德”号。(丽贝卡·卡恩斯/美国海军/盖蒂图片社)
第七舰队表示,导弹巡洋舰“罗伯特·斯莫尔斯”号为船员提供了膳食支援,该打击群在故障期间为这艘驱逐舰提供了支持,且未造成人员伤亡。美国海军学会新闻(USNI News)最先报道了此次电力中断事件。
美国海军尚未公开披露此次故障是否影响了“本福德”号的推进、导航、通信、传感器、武器系统或应急电力。随着海军调查故障原因,这些细节将有助于确定此次失效对行动的影响。
该舰属于阿利·伯克级驱逐舰,在此次断电事故发生时,正与“乔治·华盛顿”号航母打击群一同执行任务。
此次故障发生时,该驱逐舰正在南海这片具有战略意义的关键航道上航行。美国海军在此区域定期与盟友和伙伴开展行动,而中国在此提出了广泛的领土主张。美国海军将其在该地区的任务描述为对自由开放的印太地区承诺的一部分。
此次事件还导致“本福德”号在“乔治·华盛顿”号准备离开西太平洋前往中东之际,不得不依赖该航母打击群的支援。
在韩国国防部发布的这张手绘图中,韩国海军驱逐舰“栗谷李珥”号(中)、美国海军“本福德”号(右)和日本海上自卫队“爱宕”号(左)于2023年4月17日在国际海域的联合海军演习中编队航行,具体地点未公开。(韩国国防部通过盖蒂图片社)
该打击群将前往接替自去年11月起部署的“亚伯拉罕·林肯”号航母。
五角大楼紧急采购10倍数量导弹,因伊朗战争耗尽弹药库,威胁应对中国挑衅的战备状态
美国海军于8月14日表示,“林肯”号已部署266天,其中200天处于作战区域,并将按计划轮换回国。
此次轮换凸显了美国海军在中东和印太地区平衡各项承诺的行动压力。目前尚不清楚“本福德”号恢复电力后,是否将重新加入“乔治·华盛顿”号航母打击群前往中东部署。
一架美国海军战斗机从阿拉伯海的“亚伯拉罕·林肯”号航空母舰(CVN 72)上起飞。(中央司令部)
第七舰队未立即说明“本福德”号的故障是否促使整个驱逐舰舰队开展维护检查或其他行动。美国海军正在调查此次故障的原因。
点击此处下载福克斯新闻应用
代理海军部长洪曹(Hung Cao)表示,“林肯”号的部署延长是因为“任务需要”,并表示该舰将按计划轮换回国。
曹承认有少数人员接受了心理健康治疗,且在无法获得新鲜补给时调整了膳食计划,但他驳斥了媒体对该航母上状况的更广泛报道。
Massive risk in South China Sea exposed after four-day power loss on US Navy destroyer
August 18, 2026 1:12pm EDT / Fox News
A generator failure left the destroyer without air conditioning, toilets and potable water while near contested waters
By Morgan Phillips Fox News
Retired Navy Captain Brent Sadler warns that the U.S. Navy is currently stretched too thin to adequately counter global threats from adversaries like China and Iran. Sadler highlights the strain of the USS Abraham Lincoln’s 250-day deployment as a key symptom of a shrinking fleet. He urges the U.S. government to build more ships to restore the traditional six-month deployment standard.
NEW You can now listen to Fox News articles!
blob:https://www.foxnews.com/d66e2712-6c08-452f-a603-b782ea0629bd
Listen to this article
3 min
A U.S. guided-missile destroyer spent four days without power in the South China Sea last month after an engineering casualty involving its generators, forcing the Navy to tow the warship to the Philippines for repairs.
USS Benfold lost power July 24 and was towed on July 28 to Subic Bay in the Philippines, where power was restored two days later, according to U.S. 7th Fleet.
The ship reported an “engineering casualty involving its generators, causing a loss of power,” Cmdr. Matthew Comer, a spokesperson for U.S. 7th Fleet, said in a statement to Fox News Digital. “There were no injuries to the crew, who demonstrated resilience, grit, professionalism and unwavering steadiness in their response.”
The power loss disrupted galley services, toilets, air conditioning and potable water aboard the nearly 10,000-ton warship.
CENTCOM COMMANDER TOUTS USS ABRAHAM LINCOLN MENTAL HEALTH RECORD AFTER MORE THAN 260 DAYS WITHOUT PORT CALL
A rigid hull inflatable boat (RHIB) passes by U.S. Navy destroyer USS Benfold on November 21, 1997, while at sea.(Rebecca Kearns/U.S. Navy/Getty Images)
The guided-missile cruiser USS Robert Smalls helped provide meals for the crew, while the strike group supported the destroyer during the casualty, 7th Fleet said, and no injuries were reported. The loss of power was first reported by USNI News.
The Navy has not publicly detailed whether the casualty affected the Benfold’s propulsion, navigation, communications, sensors, weapons systems or emergency power. Those facts will help define the operational impact of the failure as the Navy investigates its cause.
The ship is an Arleigh Burke-class destroyer, which was operating with the USS George Washington Carrier Strike Group at the time of the power outage.
The breakdown occurred while the destroyer was in the South China Sea, a strategically vital waterway where the U.S. Navy routinely operates with allies and partners as China presses sweeping territorial claims. The Navy has described its regional missions as part of its commitment to a free and open Indo-Pacific.
The incident also left the Benfold dependent on support from the carrier strike group at a moment when USS George Washington was preparing to leave the western Pacific for the Middle East.
In this handout image released by the South Korean Defense Ministry, South Korean Navy’s destroyer Yulgok Yi I (C), U.S. Navy’s USS Benfold (R) and Japan Maritime Self-Defense Force’s JS Atago (L) sail in formation during a joint naval exercise in international waters on April 17, 2023, at an undisclosed location.(South Korean Defense Ministry via Getty Images)
The strike group is headed to relieve the USS Abraham Lincoln, which has been deployed since November.
PENTAGON RACES TO BUY 10X MORE MISSILES AS IRAN WAR DWINDLES ARSENAL, THREATENS READINESS FOR CHINA AGGRESSION
The Navy said on Aug. 14 that the Lincoln had been deployed for 266 days, including 200 days in a combat zone, and would return home as part of a planned rotation.
The shift underscores the operational demands on a Navy balancing commitments in the Middle East and Indo-Pacific. It is unclear whether The Benfold will rejoin the USS George Washington Carrier Strike Group for its Middle East deployment after regaining power.
A U.S. Navy fighter jet launches from aircraft carrier USS Abraham Lincoln (CVN 72) in the Arabian Sea.(CENTCOM)
The 7th Fleet did not immediately say whether the Benfold casualty has prompted maintenance checks or other action across the destroyer fleet. The Navy is investigating the cause of the failure.
CLICK HERE TO DOWNLOAD THE FOX NEWS APP
Acting Navy Secretary Hung Cao said the Lincoln’s deployment was extended because “the mission demanded it” and said the ship would return home as part of a planned rotation.
Cao acknowledged that a small number of personnel had received mental health treatment and that meal plans were adjusted when fresh resupply was unavailable, while disputing broader media accounts of conditions aboard the carrier.
发表回复