巴勒斯坦裔美国人前往约旦河西岸,试图从以色列定居者手中夺回自己的家园


2026年8月18日 / 美国东部时间上午8:42 / 哥伦比亚广播公司新闻

巴勒斯坦裔美国人路易·里迪表示,他只能通过俄亥俄州家中的监控摄像头,眼睁睁看着以色列定居者在被以色列占领的约旦河西岸库斯拉村的住宅周围围困了一周多。

长期以来,定居者一直在约旦河西岸非法侵占巴勒斯坦人的住宅,但近年来袭击事件愈演愈烈,此前以色列总理本雅明·内塔尼亚胡曾誓言要建立新的定居者前哨据点,并使更多现有定居点合法化。

在俄亥俄州托莱多目睹围困持续一周、该地区另外两栋房屋也被定居者包围后,46岁的里迪告诉路透社,他登上了前往特拉维夫的航班,试图回到自己长大的村庄,夺回自己的家园。

美国驻以色列大使迈克·哈克比上周在一份严厉谴责中,将制造这场动乱的定居者称为“恐怖分子”。

2026年8月17日,拥有美国-巴勒斯坦双重国籍的路易·阿布·里迪抵达纳布卢斯以南的库斯拉村,在自己家中迎接母亲艾莎。他在约旦河西岸被以色列定居者围困的住宅就位于该村。JAAFAR ASHTIYEH /法新社/盖蒂图片社

据路透社报道,以色列军队已被部署到该地区,名义上是为了维持和平,但一周多过去了,定居者仍留在该地区,巴勒斯坦人仍然不敢离开自己的家。活动人士表示,以色列当局几乎从未干预制止定居者的暴力行为。以色列人权组织“B’Tselem”已记录下定居者、警察和士兵联合对巴勒斯坦人发动袭击的情况。

“我不能在旁观的时候任由定居者偷走我的房子,”他抵达特拉维夫本古里安机场后告诉路透社。

路透社跟踪了他返回库斯拉的旅程,这个小村庄经常遭受定居者袭击。当他沿着山坡走向自己的家时,记者看到附近有多名定居者和以色列士兵。

里迪先是躲了一会儿,随后他和几名记者在一辆以色列军用车辆的护送下前往自己的家族住宅。当他最终在日落时分走进家门时,他爬上屋顶,升起了一面美国国旗。

“定居者不应该待在这里,”他说。

愈演愈烈的定居者暴力行为

根据国际法,约旦河西岸的所有以色列定居点均被视为非法,但以色列现任政府一直在鼓励定居点建设。内塔尼亚胡与长期活跃在以色列政坛极右翼边缘的政党组成执政联盟后,以色列政府大幅右转。

以色列驳斥了国际社会认为约旦河西岸所有定居点均属非法的立场,辩称大多数定居点符合以色列国内法律,且该地区属于有争议的领土。

哥伦比亚广播公司新闻在2023年记录了约旦河西岸定居者针对巴勒斯坦人暴力活动抬头的第一手证词——活动人士和联合国表示,自2023年10月7日哈马斯发动袭击引发加沙战争以来,这一趋势有增无减。批评人士称,内塔尼亚胡政府包含极端民族主义、支持定居者的部长,这助长了定居者的气焰,导致袭击事件增多。

不包括东耶路撒冷在内,约旦河西岸的定居点中居住着超过50万以色列人。自1967年以色列占领约旦河西岸以来,该地区与约300万巴勒斯坦人比邻而居。

被困围困之中

里迪表示,他于2023年开始在家族拥有的土地上修建库斯拉的住宅。他希望女儿们能拥有一个自己长大的家,维系与家族 heritage 的联系。

里迪的兄弟库赛和一名侄子一直留在住宅中,处境日益艰难,以此保护房子不受定居者侵占。据联合国称,他们是被困在库斯拉村住宅内的15名巴勒斯坦人之一,其中包括两名儿童,他们断水断电。

据联合国统计,2017年1月至2025年9月期间,约旦河西岸被占领土上有超过1500名巴勒斯坦人死于定居者和以色列安全部队之手。

当被问及接下来的计划时,里迪告诉路透社,他想“和我的兄弟坐下来,聊聊近况,看看他们过得怎么样”。

Palestinian-American travels to West Bank to save his home from Israeli settlers

August 18, 2026 / 8:42 AM EDT / CBS News

Palestinian-American Loui Ridi said he could only watch via security cameras from his home in Ohio as Israeli settlers laid siege to his house in the village of Qusra, in the Israeli-occupied West Bank, for over a week.

Settlers have long illegally seized Palestinian homes in the West Bank, but the attacks have stepped up in recent years amid vows by Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu to establish new settler outposts and legalize more existing ones.

After a week watching the siege play out from Toledo, and with settlers encircling two other houses in the area, Ridi, 46, told the Reuters news agency that he boarded a flight to Tel Aviv in an attempt to return to the village where he grew up, and to reclaim his home.

U.S. Ambassador to Israel Mike Huckabee referred to the settlers behind the unrest as “terrorists” last week in a stinging rebuke.

U.S.-Palestinian dual citizen Loui Abu Ridi, whose home in the Israeli-occupied West Bank village of Qusra is besieged by Israeli settlers, arrives to greet his mother Aisha at her home in the same village, south of Nablus on August 17, 2026. JAAFAR ASHTIYEH /AFP via Getty Images

Israeli troops have been deployed to the area ostensibly to keep the peace, but after more than a week, settlers remained in the area and the Palestinians are still too afraid to leave their homes, according to Reuters. Activists say Israeli authorities rarely intervene to stop settler violence. The Israeli human rights organization B’Tselem has documented joint attacks on Palestinians by settlers, police and soldiers.

“I can’t let the settlers steal my house while I was watching,” he told Reuters after arriving at Tel Aviv’s Ben ⁠Gurion airport.

Reuters followed his journey back to Qusra, a small village frequently subjected to settler attacks. As he traveled up a hill to his home, multiple settlers and Israeli troops could be seen nearby.

Ridi hung back for a while, before he and several journalists got an escort from an Israeli military vehicle to his family home. When he finally entered the house as the sun set, he climbed to the roof and raised an American flag.

“The settlers shouldn’t be here,” he said.

Worsening settler violence

All Israeli settlements in the West Bank are considered illegal under international law, but they’ve been encouraged by Israel’s current government, which swung sharply to the right when Netanyahu formed his governing coalition with parties that had long existed on the far-right fringe of Israeli politics.

Israel disputes the international position that all West Bank settlements are illegal, arguing that most are legal under its own domestic law, and that the area is disputed territory.

CBS News documented first-hand accounts of rising settler violence against Palestinians in the West Bank in 2023 — a trend that activists and the United Nations say has only increased since the Oct. 7, 2023, Hamas-led attack sparked the war in Gaza. Critics say Netanyahu’s government, which includes ultranationalist, pro-settler ministers, has emboldened the settlers, leading to the increase in attacks.

Excluding East Jerusalem, more than 500,000 Israelis live in settlements across the West Bank, which has been occupied by Israel since 1967, alongside around three million Palestinians.

Trapped under siege

Ridi said he started building his Qusra home on land owned by his family in 2023. He wanted his daughters to have a home where he grew up, to stay connected to their heritage.

Ridi’s brother Qusay has remained in the home along with a nephew, in increasingly dire conditions, to protect it from the settlers. According to the ‌U.N., they’re among 15 Palestinians, including two children, who have been trapped by ‌settlers inside ⁠Qusra homes without running water or electricity.

Between January 2017 and September 2025, more than 1,500 Palestinians were killed in the occupied West Bank by both settlers and Israeli security forces, according to the U.N.

Asked what he planned to do next, Ridi told Reuters he wanted “to sit with my brother, catch up ⁠and see how they’re doing.”

评论

发表回复

您的邮箱地址不会被公开。 必填项已用 * 标注

湘ICP备2026001899号-2