2026年8月18日 / 美国东部时间上午8:22 / 哥伦比亚广播公司/美联社
里约热内卢——热门游戏在线沟通平台Discord周一宣布,已暂停巴西地区的直播功能,此前该平台因未能保护儿童和青少年遭到批评。这一举措是在发生一起自杀事件后出台的。
巴西总统路易斯·伊纳西奥·卢拉·达席尔瓦领导的巴西政府以及巴西最高法院此前一直在尝试监管未成年人使用互联网的行为,迄今效果喜忧参半;目前包括澳大利亚、加拿大和印度尼西亚在内的多国都在开展类似监管工作。
此次暂停直播的决定是在巴西国家数据保护局上周下令暂停直播后做出的。这家总部位于美国的公司补充称,目前正在进行对话“寻求解决方案,以便能够为巴西用户恢复这些功能”。
2026年8月12日摄于巴西里约热内卢,一名男子手持智能手机,屏幕上显示着美国科技公司Discord的标志。MAURO PIMENTEL/法新社/盖蒂图片社
“我们仍致力于与巴西公共政策制定者合作,帮助打造一个对所有人来说更安全的线上体验,无论是在Discord平台上还是整个互联网环境中,”该平台表示。
今年7月,南马托格罗索州一名未成年女孩据称在该平台的直播中遭到其他用户胁迫自杀,这一事件令该公司受到更严格的审查。
巴西第一夫人罗桑热拉·卢拉·达席尔瓦,人称扬贾,于8月6日表示,应将该平台下线,并援引了这起案件。
“我无法接受看到一名13岁女孩在互联网上、在Discord平台上直播自残、上吊并最终死亡,”扬贾在首都巴西利亚的一场仪式上说道,卢拉当天在该仪式上签署了一项加重对针对儿童和青少年性暴力行为处罚的法律。
2026年8月2日摄于巴西圣保罗,巴西总统路易斯·伊纳西奥·卢拉·达席尔瓦(中左)在劳工党(PT)代表大会上与妻子扬贾·卢拉·达席尔夫一同发言。迈拉·埃尔利赫/彭博社/盖蒂图片社
根据巴西司法部8月4日的一份声明,五名青少年因与该死亡事件有关联而被捕。
“直播功能多次被用于助长暴力、骚扰,以及煽动自残和自杀行为,”巴西数据保护局在周三的一份声明中表示。
该局称,有充分证据表明该公司未能充分防范用户接触到“严重侵犯儿童和青少年权益的内容,特别是诱导、煽动、怂恿或协助暴力、自残和自杀的内容”。
根据Discord官网数据,该平台全球每日活跃用户超过9000万。
在周三发给美联社的一份声明中,Discord表示,任何宣扬或鼓励暴力的团体或个人都不应出现在该平台上。该公司否认7月的那起案件曾被直播。
该平台表示,其致力于保障用户安全,并设有专门团队“打击暴力团体、移除违规内容,并对平台上的不良行为者采取行动”。
该公司补充称,已对一个私人服务器展开调查,据称该服务器内有参与犯罪活动的人员曾鼓励自残,并在那名13岁女孩近期死亡前就已将该服务器关闭。
近年来,全球范围内多起极端暴力调查和报告中都提及了Discord,包括与校园袭击相关的威胁或策划、传播虐待材料、诱骗和胁迫未成年人,以及煽动自残和自杀行为。
根据互联网人权非营利组织巴西安全网络(Safernet Brazil)的数据,今年1月至7月期间,涉及Discord的投诉量较去年同期增长了54%。
“这名13岁女孩的案件并非孤立事件,而是我们多年来记录并谴责的一种模式所导致的悲剧性结果,”该组织主席蒂亚戈·塔瓦雷斯在8月11日的一份声明中说道。
塔瓦雷斯补充称,巴西数字法律规定了“明确的预防、降低风险、年龄验证以及与当局合作的义务”,不遵守规定必须承担责任。
但专门从事网络工程的Sage Networks公司技术总监蒂亚戈·阿尤布批评了数据保护局的这一决定,他将该决定主要归因于扬贾的言论。
“最直接的后果是,那些不当甚至犯罪使用平台的用户会迁移到其他未受关注的平台,”阿尤布说道。“这样一来,对儿童和青少年的保护反而会减弱,而非增强。”
菲律宾当局称校园枪击事件曾被直播
在面临平台上的暴力和煽动暴力行为审查方面,Discord并非唯一一家遭遇此类问题的美国大型科技公司。
菲律宾当局周二表示,一名学生在社交媒体上直播了自己枪杀一名同学的过程,随后在西棉兰老地区的一所私立天主教高中举枪自尽。
2026年8月18日摄于菲律宾三宝颜市,三宝颜政府公共信息办公室/阿纳多卢通讯社/盖蒂图片社,枪击事件发生后,军事人员和执法人员在亚典耀三宝颜大学高中校园内。
内政部长维克托·雷穆拉证实,这名九年级嫌疑人曾在社交媒体上直播该事件,涉事枪手的Facebook账号随后被封禁。
据法新社报道,当地媒体传播的视频显示,一支枪的枪管沿着走廊移动,呈现出第一人称射击游戏的视角,随后被对准一间教室并开火,画面中可以看到身着校服的学生尖叫着冲向出口。
“我们目前了解到的情况是,(枪手)走进了我们已知受害者的教室,开枪击中受害者,随后他前往五楼并开枪自尽,”法新社援引地区警方发言人希拉·张的话说道。
全球范围内保护未成年人上网的更多努力
巴西今年早些时候出台了一项旨在加强未成年人网络保护的法律。该法律要求16岁以下未成年人将其社交媒体账号与法定监护人关联,以确保获得监护。
数字服务提供商还必须实施有效的年龄验证机制,不能仅依靠用户自行申报已满18岁,以此保护未成年人免于接触不当或被禁止的内容。
今年2月,Discord因遭到用户对隐私问题的强烈反对,推迟了其颇具争议的年龄验证政策。该公司后来在一份声明中表示,尽管如此,仍将推出年龄保障措施,以遵守巴西法律。
特朗普政府曾指责巴西针对美国社交媒体公司,并将该问题列为对巴西进口商品加征关税的原因之一。白宫也对欧洲及其他地区政府对社交媒体公司实施限制的做法提出批评。
今年初夏,英国成为最新一个宣布计划禁止16岁以下儿童使用社交媒体的国家。英国首相基尔·斯塔默表示,英国将比其他国家走得更远,还将禁止儿童使用“有害功能”,包括直播功能以及与陌生人交流的能力,并将限制范围扩大到游戏网站。
他表示,该禁令将保护儿童免受“旨在使人上瘾”的内容的侵害。
澳大利亚于2025年12月禁止16岁以下未成年人使用社交媒体,成为首个实施此类措施的国家。但澳大利亚互联网监管机构3月的一项民调显示,约70%的家长表示,他们的孩子仍在使用这些平台,通过各种方式绕过了年龄限制系统。
2024年,巴西最高法院下令关停X平台,直至埃隆·马斯克旗下的该网络 comply(遵守)移除传播虚假信息账号的命令。
Discord suspends livestreams in Brazil amid backlash over girl’s suicide
August 18, 2026 / 8:22 AM EDT / CBS/AP
Rio de Janeiro — Discord, the popular platform for gamers to communicate online, said Monday that it had suspended livestreams in Brazil after criticism that it failed to protect children and adolescents. The move came in the wake of a suicide case.
Brazil’s government, under President Luiz Inácio Lula da Silva, and the country’s Supreme Court have tried to regulate the use of the internet by minors, with mixed results so far, at a moment when countries, including Australia, Canada and Indonesia, are undertaking similar efforts.
The decision came after Brazil’s national agency of data protection ordered the suspension last week. The U.S.-based company added that it was in conversations “to seek a solution that allows us to reestablish those resources for our users in Brazil.”
Someone holds a smartphone in front of a screen displaying the logo of the U.S. tech company Discord, in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil, Aug. 12, 2026. MAURO PIMENTEL/AFP/Getty
“We remain committed to working with public policymakers in Brazil to help create an online experience that is safer for all, on Discord and across the internet,” said the platform.
In July, an underage girl in the state of Mato Grosso do Sul was allegedly coerced by other users into committing suicide during a livestream on the platform, putting the company under increased scrutiny.
Brazil’s first lady Rosângela Lula da Silva, known as Janja, said on Aug. 6 that the platform should be taken offline, citing the case.
“I can’t accept seeing a 13-year-old girl self-harming live on the internet, on Discord, hanging herself and dying,” said Janja at a ceremony in the capital, Brasilia, during which Lula signed a law that increases the punishment for those who commit sexual violence against children and adolescents.
Luiz Inacio Lula da Silva, Brazil’s president, center left, speaks alongside his wife, Janja Lula da Silva, during the Workers’ Party (PT) convention in Sao Paulo, Brazil, Aug. 2, 2026. Maira Erlich/Bloomberg/Getty
Five teenagers were arrested in connection with the death, according to an Aug. 4 statement by Brazil’s justice ministry.
“Livestreams have been repeatedly used to facilitate violence, harassment and the incitement of self-harm and suicide,” the country’s data protection agency said in a statement Wednesday.
The agency cited robust evidence that the company had not sufficiently prevented risks of exposure to content that “represent serious violations of the rights of children and adolescents within its service, especially inducement, incitement, instigation, or assistance to violence, self-harm, and suicide,” it said.
Discord has more than 90 million active daily users worldwide, according to its website.
In a statement to The Associated Press Wednesday, Discord said groups or individuals who promote or encourage violence have no place on the platform. It denied that the July case was shown live.
The platform said it was committed to user safety and has dedicated teams working “to disrupt violent groups, remove violative content and take action against bad actors on our platform.”
It added that it had investigated a private server where individuals involved in criminal activity are believed to have encouraged self-harm, and shut it down before the recent death of the 13-year-old.
In recent years, Discord has been cited in investigations and reports worldwide involving extreme violence, including threats or planning related to school attacks, the distribution of abusive material, grooming and coercion of minors, and the encouragement of self-harm and suicide.
The number of complaints involving Discord between January and July increased by 54% compared to the same period last year, according to data from Safernet Brazil, a nonprofit that defends human rights on the internet.
The case of the 13-year-old girl “is not an isolated episode, but the tragic outcome of a pattern that we have documented and denounced for years,” Thiago Tavares, the organization’s president, said in a statement on Aug. 11.
Tavares added that Brazil’s digital law imposed “clear duties of prevention, risk mitigation, age verification and cooperation with the authorities” and that non-compliance must generate accountability.
But Thiago Ayub, director of technology at Sage Networks, a company specializing in network engineering, criticized the agency’s decision, which he attributed largely to Janja’s comment.
“The most immediate consequence is the migration of users that inappropriately and even criminally use the platform to another one which isn’t under the spotlight,” Ayub said. “In this way, the protection of children and adolescents diminishes instead of increasing.
Authorities say Philippines school shooting was livestreamed
Discord is not unique among the big American tech companies in facing scrutiny over violence and incitement to violence on its platforms.
Authorities in the Philippines said Tuesday that a student livestreamed himself on social media as he shot a classmate dead and then turned the gun on himself at a private Catholic high school in the western Mindanao region.
Military personnel and law enforcement officers are seen at the Ateneo de Zamboanga University High School, following a shooting incident on the campus, in Zamboanga City, Philippines, Aug. 18, 2026. Zamboanga Government PIO/Anadolu/Getty
Interior secretary Victor Remulla confirmed the ninth-grade suspect had livestreamed the incident on social media, and the alleged shooter’s Facebook account was later disabled.
The video, circulated by local media, shows the barrel of a gun moving down a hallway, in the style of a first-person shooter video game, before being pointed into a classroom and fired, according to the French news agency AFP. Children in school uniforms are then seen screaming and rushing for an exit.
“What we know so far is that (the shooter) went to the classroom of our known victim. He shot the victim, and after doing that, he went up to the fifth floor and shot himself,” AFP cited regional police spokeswoman Shella Chang as saying.
Wider efforts to protect minors online
Brazil rolled out a law seeking to boost protection of minors online earlier this year. The law requires that minors under 16 link their social media accounts to a legal guardian to ensure supervision.
Digital services must also implement an effective age verification mechanism that goes beyond self-declaration that the user is over 18 to protect them from accessing inappropriate or prohibited material.
In February, Discord postponed its controversial age verification policy after receiving backlash from users with concerns about their privacy. It later said in a statement that it was nonetheless rolling out age assurance measures to comply with Brazilian law.
The Trump administration has accused Brazil of targeting American social-media companies and cited the issue among the reasons for imposing tariffs on Brazilian imports. The White House has also been critical of governments in Europe and elsewhere for implementing restrictions on social media firms.
Earlier this summer, the U.K. became the latest country to announce plans to ban children under 16 from using social media. Prime Minister Keir Starmer said the U.K. would go even further than other nations, by also blocking children from accessing “harmful functions,” including livestreaming and the ability to communicate with strangers, and by extending the restrictions to gaming sites.
He said the ban would protect children from content that is “designed to be addictive.”
Australia banned under-16s from social media in December 2025 — the first country to impose such a measure. But around 70% of parents polled by Australia’s internet regulator in March said their children remained on the platforms, having found ways to bypass age-gating systems.
In 2024, Brazil’s Supreme Court ordered the shutdown of X until the network owned by Elon Musk complied with orders to remove accounts spreading disinformation.
发表回复