2026年8月18日 / 美国东部时间上午10:57 / 哥伦比亚广播公司新闻
撰稿:
华特迪士尼公司、美国广播公司(ABC)及其旗下电视台于周二起诉美国联邦通信委员会(FCC),指控该机构要求提前申请执照续期的行为侵犯了它们的第一修正案权利,并称这是一场“报复性行动”。
ABC的执照原本计划在2028年至2031年之间续期。
这场在华盛顿特区联邦法院提起的诉讼,旨在叫停FCC的提前续期要求,并阻止该机构干预或影响ABC的编辑决策。这些媒体公司指控,FCC的监管行动意在惩罚ABC“播放了本届政府不喜欢的内容和观点”,且此举威胁到了所有广播公司,而非仅针对ABC。
“本届政府通过联邦通信委员会,仅因不认同ABC的播出内容,就对ABC发动了一场报复性行动,”ABC在长达45页的起诉书中写道。
FCC并未立即回应置评请求。上月在接受《政客》采访时,FCC主席布伦丹·卡尔表示,他认为“拥有受尊重的全国性新闻媒体对我们国家而言益处巨大,但目前我们还未达到这一状态”。
此次诉讼之前,FCC于4月下令加快审查迪士尼旗下ABC拥有的电视台,称此举与对该公司多元化、公平性和包容性(DEI)实践的持续调查有关。这一声明发布之前,特朗普总统呼吁解雇深夜喜剧演员吉米·坎摩尔,原因是后者拿第一夫人梅拉尼娅·特朗普开了个玩笑。
特朗普此前也曾表示,ABC应因其报道决策而被吊销广播执照。
多位专家此前告诉哥伦比亚广播公司新闻,FCC下令加快审查的时机“非常可疑”,更可能与总统要求解雇坎摩尔的呼吁有关,而非FCC的DEI调查。
根据迪士尼和ABC的法律文件,在向ABC提出提前续期要求之前,FCC已有50多年未曾要求提前申请执照续期。
该机构有权吊销广播执照,但专家表示,此举将面临极高的法律门槛。另一种可行举措是拒绝续期ABC的执照,不过这很可能引发旷日持久的法律战。
迪士尼拒绝置评。该公司旗下拥有八家电视台,包括纽约的WABC-TV和洛杉矶的KABC-TV。
编辑:埃米·皮奇
Disney and ABC sue FCC over early license renewals, alleging “a retaliatory campaign”
August 18, 2026 / 10:57 AM EDT / CBS News
By
The Walt Disney Company, ABC and their television stations sued the Federal Communications Commission on Tuesday, alleging the agency’s request to file for early license renewal violates their First Amendment rights and amounts to “a retaliatory campaign.”
The ABC licenses were originally scheduled for renewal between 2028 and 2031.
The lawsuit, filed in a federal court in Washington, D.C., seeks to halt the FCC’s early renewal request and stem the possibility of the agency intervening in or influencing ABC’s editorial decisions. The media companies allege that the agency’s regulatory actions are intended to punish ABC for “content and viewpoints the Administration dislikes” and threaten all broadcasters, not just ABC.
“Acting through the Federal Communications Commission, the Administration has waged a retaliatory campaign against ABC for a single reason: it disapproves of what ABC broadcasts,” ABC wrote in the 45-page complaint.
The FCC did not immediately respond to a request for comment. Speaking to Politico last month, FCC chairman Brendan Carr said he thinks “we are so much better off as a country having a respected national news media, and we’re not there right now.”
The lawsuit comes after the agency in April ordered an accelerated review of Disney’s ABC-owned television stations, which it said was related to an ongoing investigation into the company’s diversity, equity and inclusion practices. The announcement followed President Trump’s call for late-night comedian Jimmy Kimmel to be fired over a joke he made about first lady Melania Trump.
Mr. Trump has also previously said ABC should lose its broadcast license over the network’s coverage decisions.
Experts previously told CBS News that the timing of the FCC’s order was “highly suspect” and likely related to the president’s call to fire Kimmel rather than the FCC’s DEI investigation.
Before its request to ABC, the FCC had not called for an early license renewal in over 50 years, according to Disney and ABC’s legal filing.
The agency has the authority to revoke broadcast licenses, but would face an extremely high legal bar according to experts. Another course of action would be to decline to renew ABC’s licenses, although that would likely lead to a protracted legal battle.
Disney declined to comment. The company owns eight TV stations, including WABC-TV in New York and KABC-TV in Los Angeles.
Edited by Aimee Picchi
发表回复