2026年8月18日 / 美国东部时间上午11:23 / 哥伦比亚广播公司新闻
据美国海军第七舰队发言人透露,上月,“阿利·伯克”级导弹驱逐舰“本福德”号因轮机故障连续四天失去电力供应。
该舰发言人马修·科默中校表示,舰上人员未出现伤亡情况。
电力中断影响了舰上的 plumbing系统、餐饮供应、厕所使用和空调运转。目前故障已修复,相关调查正在进行中。这起事件近一个月后才被公开披露。
除了恶劣的舰上环境外,该舰当时位于南海这片局势紧张的水域。多名官员向哥伦比亚广播公司新闻透露,附近的其他空中和水面舰艇正在为“本福德”号提供保护,军方不会让一艘舰艇像“活靶子”一样易受攻击。
“本福德”号得到了“乔治·华盛顿”号航母打击群的直接支援,同时从提康德罗加级导弹巡洋舰“罗伯特·斯莫尔斯”号获得了食品补给。
该舰随后由签约拖船拖曳至菲律宾苏比克湾进行维修,7月28日抵达时,日本区域维修中心船舶维修设施的专家已在当地等候。次日起,舰员获得了岸上的食品供应和签约住宿服务。7月30日,该舰恢复电力供应。
所有必要维修工作于8月7日完成。次日,该舰驶离苏比克湾,当时所有轮机、作战系统和船员保障系统均运行正常,将返回美国第七舰队执行例行任务。
“本福德”号的这一事件正值美国海军“亚伯拉罕·林肯”号航母的舰上状况持续引发担忧之际。该舰已在中东部署九个月,部分家属表示,他们担忧舰上环境,担心长期部署和高强度任务会加剧舰员的心理健康问题。一名美国官员上周向哥伦比亚广播公司新闻透露,“乔治·华盛顿”号航母正前往中东接替“亚伯拉罕·林肯”号。
共和党众议员唐·培根周日在《与玛格丽特·布伦南面对全国》节目中表示,国会应开展监督工作,呼吁海军高级官员出席作证。
https://www.cbsnews.com/video/us-navy-destroyer-lost-power-deployed-south-china-sea/
USS Benfold, Navy destroyer, went days without power in the South China Sea
August 18, 2026 / 11:23 AM EDT / CBS News
The guided-missile destroyer USS Benfold spent four days without power last month after a problem with its engineering, according to a spokesperson for the Navy’s 7th Fleet.
Commander Matthew Comer, the spokesperson, said there were no injuries to the crew.
The loss of power impacted plumbing, meals, toilets and air conditioning aboard the ship. The issue has been fixed and is under investigation. The incident was not publicly disclosed for nearly a month.
In addition to the poor conditions, the vessel was located in the South China Sea, which is not friendly waters. Officials told CBS News that the vessel is being protected by other air and surface assets nearby and that they wouldn’t leave an asset vulnerable to an attack “like a sitting duck.”
Benfold received direct support from the George Washington Carrier Strike Group, and meals from Ticonderoga-class guided-missile cruiser USS Robert Smalls.
The vessel was towed by contracted tugboats into Subic Bay, Philippines, for repairs and was met on arrival by experts from the Ship Repair Facility – Japan Regional Maintenance Center on July 28. The crew was provided food and contracted lodging off the ship beginning a day later. The ship’s power was then restored on July 30.
File: The Arleight Burke-class guided-missile destroyer USS Benfold returns to Naval Station San Diego on Jan. 11, 2013. Smith Collection/Gado/Getty Images
All the required repairs were completed by Aug. 7. The ship departed Subic Bay a day later with all engineering, combat systems and crew support systems functioning normally to resume routine operations in the U.S. 7th Fleet.
The news about the Benfold comes amid ongoing concerns about conditions aboard the USS Abraham Lincoln, which has been deployed in the Middle East for nine months. Some family members have said they worry about conditions aboard the ship and fear the long deployment and grueling pace are worsening mental health issues. A U.S. official last week told CBS News that the USS George Washington is headed to the Middle East to relieve the Lincoln.
Republican Rep. Don Bacon said Sunday on “Face the Nation with Margaret Brennan” that Congress should conduct oversight, calling for testimony from top Navy officials.
https://www.cbsnews.com/video/us-navy-destroyer-lost-power-deployed-south-china-sea/
发表回复